What Fibromyalgia Feels Like
Fibromyalgia means widespread pain in the muscles, but this syndrome causes many other symptoms.Lab tests seldom validate your condition and the results often make you feel like a hypochondriac. Pressing on tender points can diagnose fibromyalgia, but the exam still does not explain all of your symptoms.
People with fibromyalgia often describe their symptoms as a flu-like infection that doesn’t go away. It leaves you exhausted and unable to think or find the right words (symptoms of fibro fog). With fibromyalgia, you have trouble sleeping and wake up stiff and achy. Your symptoms can be debilitating and you probably feel as though you have to push yourself to get anything done.
Top Ten Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- 1. Pain all over 2. Fatigue 3. Sleep difficulties 4. Brain fog 5.Morning stiffness
- 6. Muscle knots, cramping, weakness 7. Digestive disorders 8. Headaches/migraines
- 9. Balance problems 10. Itchy/burning skin
Fibromyalgia Quick Facts
- Affects 3 to 5 percent of the general population
- Occurs in people of all ages, even children
- Men develop fibromyalgia too, although more women are diagnosed with it
- Symptoms are chronic but may fluctuate throughout the day
- Roughly one-quarter of people with fibromyalgia are work-disabled
- Three drugs are FDA-approved for fibromyalgia treatment